The Direct School Admission - Secondary (DSA-Sec) Exercise, introduced by the Ministry of Education in 2004, seeks to promote holistic education through recognizing a more diverse range of achievements and talents. All students interested in applying for a place to Evergreen Secondary School via DSA-Sec will need to do so via a centralised DSA-Sec Portal managed by the Ministry of Education (MOE).
- Application for DSA-Sec 2023 is open from 4th May to 31st May 2023.
- The application is free-of-charge.
- Deadline for 2023 application is 3:00pm, 31 May 2023 (Wednesday).
- For more details and for application, please refer to the MOE website – https://www.moe.gov.sg/secondary/dsa
Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent. Students who are successfully admitted to the school via DSA are expected to honour their commitment to the school, and participate in the activities related to the talent they are selected for from Year 1 - 4/5.
More details about Evergreen Secondary School’s DSA talent areas and selection criteria can be found below.
For further enquiries, you may contact our school at 63656392 (General Office) or via email at email@example.com
- Click the link below to apply now for DSA to Evergreen Secondary: https://www.moe.gov.sg/secondary/dsa
- Click this link to view our School Prospectus https://for.edu.sg/evgprospectus
(B) Talent Areas
Evergreen Secondary School offers all Primary 6 students an opportunity to gain direct admission through the Direct School Admission [DSA] Exercise, which is tied to our school’s Applied Learning Programme [ALP] & Learning for Life Programme [LLP]. We welcome student applicants who express a deep passion in communications and/ or sports, even if they are presently not in any related CCA.
Our school offers the following DSA talent areas and domains:
(a) Academic Domains under our Applied Learning Programme [ALP]
i. Debating and Public Speaking
iii. Language – Chinese Language
iv. Language – Malay Language
(b) Sports and Leadership Domains under our Learning for Life Programme [LLP]
i. Leadership (Boys & Girls)^
ii. Badminton (Boys & Girls)
iii. Cross Country (Boys & Girls)
iv. Netball (Girls)
v. Rugby (Boys)
vi. Table Tennis (Boys & Girls)
vii. Volleyball (Boys & Girls)
^ NOTE: Successful Leadership applicants can join any CCA in Evergreen Sec.
Successful applicants will be nurtured through our distinctive programmes to take on student leadership roles in school-wide programmes and in co-curricular activities. Some of these developmental programmes include communication skills and student leadership development programmes.
Click on these links to learn more about the above talent areas and their programmes:
(C) Selection Criteria
- The following criteria will be considered:
- Passionate about leading change to help others
- Demonstrate exemplary character through active participation in community work or volunteerism
- Strengths in oral and digital communication, namely Debating, Public Speaking and Journalism in English Language and/or Mother Tongue Language
- Demonstrate strengths for further development in sports and/or leadership
- Demonstration of aptitude and potential during interview and DSA assessment process.
We welcome student applicants who express a deep passion in leadership, communications and/or sports, even if they are presently not in any related CCA or school programme.
- Applicant’s experience in key leadership positions in Leadership Boards (e.g. Head or Deputy Head Prefect) or in CCAs would be considered, but are not a compulsory criteria.
(D) Selection Process
- To find out about the selection processes for each of the talent areas, click Selection Process.
- To find out the key dates and contact information, click DSA Admin Info.
- For Frequently Asked Questions. click FAQ
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to find out more about our vibrant school community!